SCHOOL OF MINISTRY
BE LED | GO LEAD
The Protégé Team is an intensive spiritual growth, leadership development, and ministry immersion experience at Two Rivers Church in Binghamton, NY. The program is designed to focus on three core areas: character, community and calling. As a TRC Protégé, you will be given the opportunity to learn from innovative thinkers and creators in ministry, participate in the day to day activities of church staff culture, stretch yourself as a leader, and lay a firm foundation for a life-long pursuit of the passion and vision that God has placed on your life. The program is geared toward young leaders who are post-college (or equivalent) up to 35 years old.
As a protégé, you will choose a ministry department to focus your efforts throughout the year. If you love kids- we’ve got them, and we want you to help us create environments for them and teach truth to them! If you love creating environments where community is built and transformational growth happens, our transformation team would love to take your passion even further! Love creating videos? Our creative team wants to invest in your talent to tell the story of God through moving pictures. If you are a worship leader, we would love to pair you up with other talented and anointed worship leaders that want to take your gifts to the next level!
In addition to your department work, you will attend weekly protégé huddles. These huddles are led by Will Hampton (Lead Pastor). You will also have the opportunity to meet with many influential leaders throughout the year. Huddles offer ongoing discipleship training and leadership development in a small group environment that focuses on topics such as Leading Yourself Well, Character Killers, Dreaming God-sized Dreams, Leadership Rhythms, and Dynamics of Teamwork.
If you have specific questions about the program, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The effectiveness of a multisite strategy rises and falls on the character and giftedness of the Campus Pastor. Campus Pastors must carry the vision and recreate its DNA within the unique community in which they serve. Working alongside one of our Lead Pastor, you will learn how to lead and mobilize weekend ministry teams, serve the local community, and provide pastoral care to a location. This is for people who will be pursuing a Campus Pastor role or participating in a church plant in the next two years.
- Mobilize Weekend Ministry Teams
- Lead outreach projects
- Help strategize how to improve your location
- Provide pastoral care
- Champion TRC culture, vision, and values at your location
Finding ways to make the gospel sticky for kids goes beyond finger-painting and crafts. It requires strategic relationships and intentional discipleship. On the Two Rivers Kids team, you will be exposed to creative ways to train, develop and lead young people to the Gospel and encourage and support their families to lead at home. You will strategize and implement leadership development tools and training for volunteers who invest in the lives of kids.
- Assist in leading kids ministry at one of our campuses
- Curriculum writing and implementation
- Design environments for events and Family Experiences
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Create unique discipleship tools for families to utilize at home
- Learn the unique complexities and opportunities of family ministry in a multisite context
We love telling the story of God through great design, video, photography, and film. So whether your main focus is video production, graphic design, photography, or even if you’re just a gear head, we’d love to help you grow in your gifting. Our media team is composed of gifted artists that are committed to helping people have an encounter God through their craft.
- Creative video & sermon illustrations
- Create graphics, posters, postcards, & other print media
- Work on a Short Film crew from writing to filming to post production
- Capture live events through photography and/or video
- Record weekend services
The Two Rivers Experience Host team includes: Hospitality, Connections, and Safety. As a team, we aim to communicate loudly and clearly: “You are seen, you are valuable, we love you exactly where you are, and, you belong here with us.” The experience host role is equal parts logistics and relational. Experience hosts creates the space for people to feel safe and like they belong when they enter into our community; we want TRC to be a place to encounter Jesus without any hindrance.
- Assist with Ministry Recruitment plans and process
- Communicate with leaders and volunteers
- Create training manuals for each volunteer team
- Develop systems for streamlining and organizing content, information, and FAQs
- Rotate between each location to learn and grow the multi-site process, team leadership, and volunteer management
At TRC we believe that discipleship happens best in the context of relationships. Small groups are our strategy for growth. On the Groups team you will be exposed to our small group initiatives, equip and train leaders, and support our overall discipleship strategy.
- Lead a core discipleship group
- Serve as a coach for small group leaders
- Create environments for leadership development
- Serve as a Small Group Director at one of our locations
- Develop and write curriculum to be used in small group settings